Sunday, October 25, 2009

Panasonic TH-50PZ80U Great Performance, Great Value

This was the cheapest 50" 1080p plasma I could find from a reputable brand and store. 6Ave delivered it to my house at no cost (although they could only deliver on a Saturday, which was inconvenient), and set it up on the stand and tested it before leaving.

I have been very happy with my purchase. The picture is as vibrant and crisp as all the commercials claim. Watching movies is now a true joy. I'm definitely glad I opted for 1080p. 720p movies look great, but 1080p movies will blow you away. Onboard speakers are very decent, although a home theater will definitely need more audio.

Energy-conscious people look elsewhere. This bad boy eats almost 700 Watts and has three cooling fans which exude warmth caused by its entrancing glow.

My only problem thus far is that sometimes it won't turn on, the LED on the front will just blink. I live in an older house, and have found that by turning off the electronics and lights around it, I can start it up again after a few minutes of being unplugged, then have to turn everything else back on. The TV carries a 1 year warranty, so if this issue persists or progresses I will have it taken care of. I talked to customer service about it, and they were very helpful (Panasonic has a separate 'Plasma concierge' customer service center).

No comments:

Post a Comment