Thursday, October 15, 2009

Panasonic TH-50PZ80U Great TV

This a great TV set. I am glad I went with this over LCD which I was leaning towards to begin with. No degredation in the picture at all from a wide angle; even the best LCDs cannot match that. It's just like a regular CRT TV set but much sharper and bigger; which means it's nothing like a regular CRT TV set. It will blow you away. The picture quality is great even on non HD channels. All digital channels looked great both Standard and High def. Analog channels were not good but that was because I had bad signal. I had a lot of "snow" in the background. The delivery was fast enough (matched the estimated date 7 business days). They came in and plugged it in. It turned on and they were gone; not great but functional.
Bottom line, this is one of the best deals for the money. Go with LCD only if your TV will double as a PC monitor on regular basis and you want to save a litle energy. Plasma screens run hotter and use more power. This one gets warm but still tolerable. There are 3 small PC style fans on the back to keep it cool. In any other way Plasma rules the picture quality department. It's just as good on sharpness and provides better contrast and a much wider viewing angles than the best LCDs out there and does all that for comparably less money for the same screen size, and this one is one of the best plamas out there and the best deals. Panasonic has good thing going here. I would definately recommend it.
Update: Had the TV for 6 months now, still going great. I have seen other LCD HDTV's at friends and I have to say they do not give the same "cinema like" view that this TV has. I have been spoiled. Plasma big screens certainly have that movie theater feel and quality especially in a "darker" room. Blu-ray movies look amazingly good and sports are more fun. I love this thing. I have to admit though I find it hard at times if I can see much difference between a 1080p blu-ray and a 720p one. If you want true 1080p I think this model is the best value as you get a great product. But if you can settle for a 720P you can go with the TH5080X instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment